The New Cat® 745: Updated Truck, Updated Model Number
Check out the new Cat® 745 articulated truck. It replaces the 745C—but we’re not calling it a 745D. That’s because going forward, Caterpillar is dropping the letter from most machine model numbers as we introduce generational updates. Your Cat dealer can tell you more about the change, but in the meantime, we encourage you to focus on the improvements we added—not the letter we omitted.
- An all-new ROPS uses bonded rear-quarter glass, eliminating the rear pillar and creating a huge improvement in visibility.
- An extra-roomy cab offers 20 percent more interior space than its predecessor.
- A ground-level switch provides an easy way for operators to light up the steps and hitch areas when boarding the truck.
- A “wake-up” feature launches machine displays as soon as the cab door swings open.
- The cab door is light and strong; it opens and closes easily and seals tightly.
- Inside sound levels have been reduced by 5 decibels.
- Infrared glass, easy-to-open windows, extra vents and a new climate control system keep the operator comfortable.
- Operators appreciate the touch-screen display, heated and cooled seat and better mirror placement.
- The 504-horsepower C18 ACERT engine features an all-new economy mode that can cut fuel consumption by five percent.
- One lever controls both truck speed and body hoisting functions, simplifying the operator’s job.
- Tipping a load can be done automatically, thanks to a hoist assistance system that, when engaged, neutralizes the transmission, applies the service brakes and raises the body to the correct angle. (Operators can choose to do this work manually.)
- Advanced Automatic Traction Control applies the differential locks before the wheels start to slip, improving traction and productivity while protecting tires and driveline components.
- Cat DETECT with Stability Assist warns the operator if the machine is at risk of tipping over. If the truck is approaching an unsafe situation, the operator won’t be able to raise its bed.
- Cat PAYLOAD technologies bring payload weighing into the cab to optimize efficiency and productivity.
There are more great features built into this truck. Learn about them here or ask your Cat dealer for details.