Cat® 982M Wheel Loaders take efficiency to the next level
The 982M wheel loader is 10% more fuel efficient than its highly productive K Series predecessor and a great choice for loading larger on-highway trucks (2-pass match). Design changes in the frames, linkage, hydraulics, engine power and power train extend the application range of the 982M to sand and gravel, earth-bank excavation and even face loading in shot rock applications. The 982M also has longer standard lift arms so it can easily load rail cars. With a full range of buckets, work tools and a special Aggregate Handler configuration, the 982M can be the ideal choice for the work you do. Put these new features to work.
Specifications at a Glance:
Cat® C13 engine 392 hp
Operating weight 65,698 – 75,663 lbs
Bucket capacity 5.5 – 15.7 cubic yards
Bucket pin height std. 178 in./High 186 in.
Greater efficiency lets you do more with less.
- 10% more fuel efficient than K Series*
- Up to 25% more efficient than H Series*
Powertrain improvements drive efficient performance.
- Cat C13 engine with ACERT™ Technology and advanced aftertreatment meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and E.U. Stage IV emission standards
- Standard lock-up-clutch torque converter is matched to engine power and hydraulics for fuel efficiency without sacrificing performance
- Planetary transmission has a new split-flow oil system and uses new multi-viscosity oil to improve fuel economy
Next-generation hydraulic system delivers responsiveness and power.
- Next-generation main valve and ride control system with dual accumulators
- Load-sensing hydraulics with simultaneous hydraulic functions
Linkage and work tools extend working range.
- New linkage with improved performance and dump clearance
- Performance Series buckets and range of work tools
Best-in-class operator environment boosts production.
- Touchscreen multifunction color display with integrated controls and rearview camera
- Optimized all-around visibility and seat-mounted fingertip electro-hydraulic implement controls
- Total comfort with automatic climate control, viscous cab mounts and low sound levels
Advanced technology with Cat Connect enhances productivity.
- LINK technologies, like Product Link™ monitor equipment and allow production monitoring via online VisionLink® software
- PAYLOAD technologies, like Cat Production Measurement (optional), accurately measure payloads and production
Find out more about the Cat 982M
* Fuel efficiency is measured in mass of material moved per volume of fuel burned. Average efficiency improvement as tested and analyzed for an average composite cycle and stand configuration with variations per comparable model with and without Economy Mode active. Factors that influence result variation include, but are not limited to, machine configuration, operator technique, machine application, climate, etc.
Optional configuration and equipment may vary from region to region. Consult your Caterpillar representative for further details.