CAT® GRADE WITH SLOPE ASSIST: BETTER SURFACE QUALITY IN LESS TIME
Quick, accurate grading with less fuel, materials and operator effort—that’s the payoff for using Cat® GRADE with Slope Assist. It’s a simple built-in blade control system, now available on six Cat dozers. Get it standard on the D6K2, D6N or D6T, or add an optional system when you buy a D3K2, D4K2 or D5K2.
What makes this technology a must-have for construction professionals?
- Big productivity gains. Operators using Slope Assist can finish jobs nearly 40 percent faster than those using manual grading techniques—with fewer passes and less rework.
- Exceptional quality. Replacing manual processes with Slope Assist can improve surface quality by as much as 68 percent, even with a less experienced operator.
- Less effort. Slope Assist can reduce the amount of manual operator input required to do a job by 80 percent or more. Less effort translates into higher productivity over long shifts.
- Simple operation. Even inexperienced operators can become proficient quickly.
- Integrated design. Sensors are incorporated into the blade for extra protection and durability.
- No additional equipment required. The system is completely self-contained. There’s no base station, no laser, no extra hardware or software, nothing to remove and store at the end of the day.
- Compatibility. Slope Assist works productively alongside machines equipped with 3D grade control systems, providing extra flexibility when plans change unexpectedly or other situations arise.
- Scalability. Slope Assist can be easily upgraded to a 3D system if your needs change.
- Reliable support. Your Cat dealer and SITECH® technology partner have the expertise to help you get the most from Slope Assist.
See it in action
We tested two Cat dozers—one with Slope Assist, the other without—side by side in a productivity competition using two operators—one novice, one pro. Watch this quick video to see which machine wins. (Spoiler alert. It isn’t even close.)