Sneak Peek: 5 Things You Should Know about the Next Generation of VisionLink®
And that’s just the beginning.
Current VisionLink users—and others who are ready to try this technology—will be glad to hear we’re updating the software, making it faster and easier to use, especially with a smartphone or tablet. We don’t normally talk about new software until it’s ready for rollout, but in this case, there are so many big improvements coming, we decided to give you a sneak peek.
But first, a quick review.
Cat® LINK Technology, includes two components: Cat Product Link™ and VisionLink.
- Product Link is hardware; VisionLink is software.
- Product Link grabs data from machine sensors and control systems and transmits it to VisionLink … which lets you view the data on any web-enabled device—and use it to make decisions.
- Product Link hardware and a VisionLink subscription come standard with many Cat machines and can be used with both Cat and mixed fleets.
What else can we tell you?
- We’ll be rolling out improvements throughout 2016.
- We’ll support the AEM/AEMP Telematics API Standard. (Translation: you’ll have no problem using VisionLink on your mixed fleet, even with telematics devices that didn’t come from Caterpillar).
We’re improving VisionLink for one reason: to help you do more work at a lower total cost so you can build an even stronger business.