THE CAT® 740C EJ ARTICULATED TRUCK
Pass after pass, the 740C EJ makes it easy for operators to consistently deliver fast cycle times. An upgraded engine and transmission improve acceleration in tough underfoot conditions, while automatic controls keep operator performance strong all shift long.
Check out these key features:
- Cat® C18 ACERTTM engine generates up to 20% more power and torque.
- Improved acceleration and higher productivity come from the new Cat High Density Power Shift (HDPS) nine-speed forward, two-speed reverse transmission with Advanced Productivity Electronic Control Strategy (APECS) and Electronic Clutch Pressure Control (ECPC).
- Increased rimpull in both forward and reverse.
- Variable shift points used based on the operating conditions, which also aid in maintaining ground speed during gear changes on grades.
Ease of Operation
- Automatic Traction Control (ATC) applies inter- and cross-axle differential locks “on-the-go” and automatically. Sensors monitor the machine and wheel speeds, enabling instant response in low traction conditions. Operation is seamless and smooth, eliminating wheel slip for maximum traction and productivity.
- With Automatic Retarder Control, the engine compression brake is engaged automatically. The system helps eliminate engine overspeeds, improving safe machine operation and reducing cycle times.
- Jobsite efficiency is optimized with Cat Connect Payload technology. Operators can view real-time load weights on the integrated display and know precisely when target is achieved, while cab-mounted external payload lights signal the loader operator when to stop loading to reduce overloading.
- Up to 60% more retarding power can be realized with the new engine compression brake retarder. Operators have more control and confidence in the mid-engine speed range.
- Smoother retarding and braking with improved holding in slippery conditions and on grades from the all axle enclosed wet brakes.
- Hill Assist eliminates potential “roll-back” on grades. If an operator stops the machine on a grade, when taking his foot off the service brake pedal the machine will automatically hold the service brakes on for a number of seconds to prevent the machine from rolling backwards.