Increase the life of your work tool attachments
To extend the life of attachments and keep them in good working condition, it is important to store them. Proper storage of attachments for an extended period of time can be your biggest asset in increasing their ROI. Follow these steps to keep your attachments running smoother and longer:
- Clean the attachment thoroughly, removing all mud, dirt and grease.
- Inspect for visible signs of wear, breakage or damage. Order any parts required and make the necessary repairs to avoid delays when starting next season.
- Tighten all loose nuts, capscrews and hydraulic connections.
- Lubricate all grease fittings.
- Coat the exposed portions of the cylinder rods with grease.
- Connect the hydraulic couplers together to protect the hydraulic system from contaminants.
- Touch up all unpainted and exposed areas with paint to prevent rust.
- Replace important decals if damaged or unreadable.
- Store the attachment in a dry, protected place with a cover, if possible, to reduce wear due to the elements.
Appeared in Heavy Equipment Guide