3 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT THE NEXT GENERATION CAT® 320 EXCAVATOR
The new Cat® 320 Excavator raises the bar when it comes to productivity and profitability for your operation. Here are three ways it sets a new standard of performance:
- More factory technology means you get more done in less time for less cost.
Simple-to-use technologies come standard on the 320, boosting operator efficiency as much as 45%.
- Cat Grade with 2D guides operators to target on depth, slope and horizontal distance to grade. You can set up to four different target depth and slope offsets.
- Cat Grade Assist includes Bucket Assist (automatically maintains bucket angle), Boom Assist (keeps tracks on the ground in lifting and hard digging) and Swing Assist (automatically stops swing in truck loading and trenching).
- Cat Payload enables on-the-go weighing, real-time estimates of payload without swinging and daily productivity tracking.
Upgrade to Cat Grade with Advanced 2D or Cat Grade with 3D when you’re ready for even more productivity.
- Fuel and maintenance savings go straight to your bottom line.
The 320 burns up to 25% less fuel than its predecessor, the 320F, thanks in large part to an advanced hydraulic system that balances power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for precise digging. Power modes — like Smart mode, which automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to digging conditions — also are fuel-savers. Plus, the excavator’s C4.4 engine can run on biodiesel up to B20.
You’ll also spend less on maintenance — as much as 20% less over 12,000 hours compared to the 320F. How? The 320’s extended maintenance intervals on fuel filters, hydraulic oil filter and air intake filter play a big role in the savings. Ground-level daily maintenance reduces time spent on service as well.
- A new cab keeps your operators working productively and safely all day.
- Deluxe and Premium cab options both feature automatic climate control and easy-to-reach controls.
- Operators can program power mode and joystick preferences, and the machine remembers them the next time.
- Advanced viscous mounts reduce vibration up to 5% over previous models.
- Tip-up left console makes getting in and out of the cab easier.
- Plenty of storage, cup/bottle/document holders, coat hooks, USB ports and Bluetooth technology make for a comfortable, efficient work environment.
Want to know more? Get all the details on the next generation Cat 320 Excavator here.